Florida Elder Law Attorney Meeting the Legal Needs of Older Americans
Law firm provides comprehensive estate planning services through offices in Clearwater, Largo, St. Petersburg
Welcome to the virtual home of The Charles Law Offices, a dedicated group of legal professionals who are focused on meeting the needs of older Floridians, and specifically those in the Tampa Bay area. We are also glad to connect with out-of-state clients who have elder care legal needs in Florida. When you partner with us, you can expect compassionate attention and effective legal counsel.
What makes us different
The Charles Law Offices brings deep understanding across a broad range of elder matters and a commitment to client-focused service. We take the time to meet with you and get to know you before recommending a plan of action to resolve your legal problems. Whether you have estate planning issues, need counsel in administering an estate or need help applying for Medicaid or VA benefits, we are there for you, providing:
- Personal service. One of our overall guiding principles is commitment to client service. This commitment starts when you walk in the door and ends only when your case is fully resolved.
- In-depth knowledge. Very few attorneys in Florida have a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Elder Law. Our founder took that extra step so she could be a better advocate for you. Attorney Susan Charles is one of the top choices in Florida for those with elder law needs.
- Peer recognition. When you do something well, people notice. Susan Charles has received that recognition: She is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for her high ethical standards and professional ability, is rated 9.5 Superb by Avvo and was also named a Florida Super Lawyer's Rising Star in both 2012 and 2013.
- Respect. It is still all too common to see people judged on the basis of their socioeconomic status, age, sexual orientation or myriad other factors. At The Charles Law Offices, each client receives our respect.
- Accessibility. Susan Charles gives her cell phone number to all clients and is willing to meet them in places other than her own conference room.
What we do
At The Charles Law Offices, we assist older Floridians in a variety of areas, including:
- Elder law — Older Americans have unique legal needs. Senior citizens are often targets of financial exploitation and must take careful steps if they wish to leave their legacies to their loved ones. They may also need assistance with a variety of healthcare matters. We have experience in all elder law issues.
- Medicaid — It is one thing to know that Medicaid benefits may be available to those requiring long-term care. It is quite another thing to qualify and correctly apply for the benefits, which is where we at The Charles Law Offices come in.
- Veterans’ benefits — Those who have served our country may be entitled to financial benefits, including the Veterans Administration’s Aid and Attendance pension program, health benefits and assisted living services. We can help you obtain the benefits you deserve.
- Estate planning — Wills and trusts are an important part of your overall estate plan. At The Charles Law Offices, we also help with powers of attorney, living wills and health care surrogates.
- Probate — When an estate needs to be probated so beneficiaries can receive property and creditors can be paid, an attorney is essential. The Charles Law Offices also provides professional trust administration services.
Work with a St. Petersburg attorney who is prepared to take immediate action on your behalf
We are ready to begin working for you, but we cannot start until you take that first step. Contact The Charles Law Offices at 727-330-1459 or online to schedule your free consultation. We have offices in Largo, Clearwater and St. Petersburg.