Choosing the Right Executor for Your Estate
It is extremely important that you use your best discretion when choosing who you want to be the executor of your estate. It is a job that can often be demanding, both due to the emotional toll it can take as well as the logistical challenges that the executor might face.
The following are some of the qualities that you should be looking for in a potential executor of your estate:
- Reliability. First and foremost, you need to be sure that you can trust that the person will do everything they can to make sure that all of the elements of our estate plan are fulfilled. This should be a person in whom you can confide and trust with what is a very important process.
- Organization. Even if you have done a great job of preparing your estate plan, there are always some logistical challenges that come with executing an estate. Your potential executor should be someone who has proven themselves to be extremely organized — it will make the entire process go a lot smoother.
- Stability. The time after your passing is going to be emotional for all of your friends and family. The executor of our estate should be able to remain emotionally stable while working through what can be a stressful process. They should have a knack for keeping a clear head in otherwise challenging situations.
- Honesty. You don’t want to have any doubt that your estate executor is going to follow your estate plan to the letter.
- Outgoingness. Your estate executor should be able to get along with all of your beneficiaries and have the ability to smooth over any potential discord that could occur over the contents of your estate plan.
For assistance in picking a qualified estate executor, meet with the experienced Florida estate planning attorneys at the Charles Law Offices.